Re: W3C FSA (Final Specification Agreement)

Hi Ben,

>> Please keep me in Cc as I’m not subscribed to the list.
>
>Done, but if you want to continue this discussion please do subscribe so
>you don't miss messages.

meh. I can always check the web archives if someone misses this.

>> I don’t think this has been covered yet, and, while I don’t have
>> immediate need for this, it awoke my curiosity.
>
>Is there a specific Debian package (or ITP report) for this work?

No, as I said, pure curiosity.

>To allow the archives to retain the context for the discussion, and
>because the same URL can often lead to a different text at a later date,
>we prefer to have the text being discussed reproduced verbatim:

OK.

>> Is this acceptable for Debian?
>
>Debian doesn't consist of licenses; it consists of software works under
>specific grants of license.

Last time I looked, there was no difference in practice except
for the GFDL. So, DWIM ;-)

>Are you proposing a Debian package of the MusicXML standard? Or some
>other work?

I was wondering what to do if there was a piece of software
containing the MusicXML specification or DTDs as part of itself.

>Where is the text granting specific license in that work?

<!--
  […]
	Copyright © 2004-2017 the Contributors to the MusicXML
	Specification, published by the W3C Music Notation Community
	Group under the W3C Community Final Specification Agreement
	(FSA):

	   https://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/final/

	A human-readable summary is available:

	   https://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/fsa-deed/
-->

So, as I said, pretty much irrelevant here.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt