Re: JPL Planetary Ephemeris DE405

Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> writes:

> It would help in the discussion if you could point to these
> constraints (which are applicable to research data), and not just
> claim that they may apply in this case.

That's shifting the burden. Like it or not (for the record: I don't like
this), most Berne signatory jurisdictions assume by default that a fixed
expression is subject to copyright. There are exceptions, but those
exceptions must be positively shown: the burden is on those who would
claim copyright does not apply.

--
 \       “Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right |
  `\   there, in the room talking to you, which is why I don't like to |