Re: tss2: Is it DFSG compatible

Hi Walter,

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 03:09:14PM -0700, Walter Landry wrote:
> Breno Leitao <leitao@debian.org> wrote:
> >   * The TCG grants to the user of the other parts of the specification
> >   (other than the Source Code) the rights to reproduce, distribute,
> >   display, and perform the specification solely for the purpose of
> >   developing products based on such documents.
> >
> > Is this last paragraph a possible violation of DSFG, or, should it not
> > be taken in consideration since it seems to exempt the source code?
>
> That makes the source code free, but everything else non-free.  Does
> the package contain the non-source bits?

Other than source code, the package contains manpages and documentation,
as usual.

Hon, who worked on Debianization of the package, checked with the
upstream author, and none of these parts came from the TCG
specification, thus, I suppose that we are covered by that license part.

Based on that, I will work to sponsor this package, and see if the
ftpmasters think differently.

Thank you!
Breno