Re: BSD license type?

Hi Ben,

Ben Finney <bignose@debian.org> writes:
> What purpose would that serve?

Show where it comes from. In the specific case, this is not unimportant,
since from the first reading it looks like a BSD-2-Clause, so the quick
reader may think that I was just not aware of the match and therefore
may take the wrong thing.

> I'm advising to make that much clearer by using a name that (correctly)
> implies a custom license that is not widely known in its effects.

Sorry, but I still find it quite clear that a "simplified-XY" or a
"XY-alike" is *not* XY, but something modified.

Best regards

Ole