Re: BSD license type?

Ben Finney <bignose@debian.org> writes:
> Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> writes:
>
>> Change from the original BSD-3-Clause is that the originally second
>> condition is merged/simplified with the first, and the third is
>> renamed.
>>
>> What short name should I assign to it?
>
> I would advise that the name should not invite confusion with the
> existing license texts that actually are published prominently for the
> Berkeley Standard Distribution.
>
> In other words, if this is not identical with an existing widely-known
> BSD license text, don't use BSD in the name.
>
> You could instead choose a short name that is specific to that work.
> e.g. “License: CISCO-CSA”.

Wouldn't it be better to show somehow the relationship in the name? IMO
it is already clear that it is not identical to a BSD license if I use a
(slightly) different name, like "Simplified-BSD-3-Clause" or
"BSD-3-Clause-alike".

If the text is identical, one would use the predefined short names;
reversely that means that if it is not a predefined short name, that it
is not the identical text.

Best regards

Ole