Re: Github TOS effecting change to copylefts?

> The best analysis of this situation I have read so far is the one in
> Noodles' blog:

>     https://www.earth.li/~noodles/blog/2017/03/github-tos-change.html

IMHO that analysis misses one point. Namely, in section D.4 "License
Grant to Us" the Github ToS have:

"That means you're giving us the right to do things like reproduce
your content [...]; modify it [...]"

Which requires that any file uploaded to Github must come with the
permission to modify it. Not a problem for free software, one would
think. However, if your package is GPL licensed then you cannot
include the COPYING file itself, because it would be in conflict with
above terms.

"Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this
license document, but changing it is not allowed."