Re: Ask about the license "permissive"

> Hello,
>
> I want to adopt the package xtrkcad and I have a question about the
> license of app/tools/dirent.*.
>
> The license text is
> [quote]
>  Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
>  documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
>  that this copyright and permissions notice appear in all copies and
>  derivatives.
>  .
>  This software is supplied "as is" without express or implied warranty.
> [/quote]
>
> I found the same text at[1].
>
> There is "permissive" used as name. Is this the correct name of the
> license?
>
> Many thanks!
>

> CU
> Jörg
>
> [1] https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/a/atanks/copyright-6.5~dfsg-2

It looks like a simplified variation on so called ‘Historical Permission Notice and Disclaimer’ [0][1].  It is indeed a lax permissive licence, so I see no problem.

[0] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#HPND
[1] https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:Historical_Permission_Notice_and_Disclaimer