Re: Freeware Public License (FPL)

Jörg Frings-Fürst writes ("Freeware Public License (FPL)"):
> a short question:  is this license DFSG compatible?

Sadly there isn't permission to modify.  I think this is probably
unintentional.

I'm afraid you'll have to go back to the authors/copyrightholders and
get them to fix the licence for this particular program.

This bad licence seems to be spreading like some kind of virus.
Searching for its name found some github repositories using it and
also this bug report

That includes a statement by the licence author that they didn't mean
to forbid modification.  Unfortunately that's not good enough when
other people have adopted the bad licence text.

Ian.