Re: Updating CIDER's Research Software Agreement License For Use in Ngspice

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Eric Kuzmenko wrote:

> Curt, who is an Associate Director of the Office of Technology Licensing for
> University of California, Berkeley, has stated that UCB is willing to
> relicense CIDER1b1 (1994) under the modified BSD license.

Excellent.

> Curt has also stated that he and his team are unable to modify the page and
> associated tarball which are used to distribute CIDER1b1 at
> https://embedded.eecs.berkeley.edu/pubs/downloads/cider/index.htm

Have they tried contacting the EECS department?

> They are requesting advice as to how they should handle the change in
> license, particularly with respect to their current technical restriction.

If the EECS department can't put a statement on the web page, I would
go with something similar to what was done for the BSD Unix license
change; IIRC that was a press release, a statement on the main UCB FTP
server and a new copy of the tarball on the FTP server with updated
license notices.

--
bye,
pabs