Re: would this custom license considered DFSG-free/GPL-compatible

Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> writes:

> Would you consider this short custom license DFSG-free

The Debian project doesn't consider licenses in isolation. The relevant
question is “Do recipients of *this specific work* have full exercise of
their software freedoms?”

You're tacitly acknowledging this when you ask whether the terms are GPL
compatible. That implies (correctly) that what matters is the freedom of
a specific work, considering all constraints.

So, which specific work are we discussing here? Can we see the source
online?

--
 \      “Actually I made up the term “object-oriented”, and I can tell |
  `\            you I did not have C++ in mind.” —Alan Kay, creator of |