Re: Questions about libntru license/ntru patent status

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 06:53 +0900, William Whyte wrote:
>> I'll get our legal people to have a look at what that's meant to mean
>> and see if we can get clarification.
>
> Great, thanks.
>
> My first thought was that Tor couldn't link with other GPLed software too.

My impression is that the FOSS license exemption is only for works
licensed under terms that would otherwise be incompatible with the
GPL.  Tor is BSD, so it does not have to make use of the exemption.

This clause, then, just operates as a warning that ntru-crypto can not
change the license of other GPL'd works.

Cheers,
Walter Landry