Please do not compound license proliferation (was: C-FSL: a new license for software from elstel.org)

Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb@elstel.org> writes:

> I have various issues about current licenses. Just see at what makes
> this license pretty much different from other established licenses.
> Let us discuss this in detail when the license should be fit for
> approval.

Please do not compound the already widespread problem of license
proliferation.

If you actually want recipients of your software to exercise software
freedom, do everyone (including yourself!) a big favour, by choosing an
existing well-understood widely-implemented free software license.

What's more, this is not the forum for discussing your own invented
license text. This forum is a service to the Debian project primarily,
and that cause is best served by strongly *discouraging* license
proliferation.

--
 \      “I like to fill my bathtub up with water, then turn the shower |
  `\       on and pretend I'm in a submarine that's been hit.” —Steven |