Re: Expat + exception = DFSG-compatible?

El 13/10/15 21:53, Ben Finney escribió:
Dmitry Smirnov<onlyjob@debian.org>  writes:

But my question really is whether it can be re-phrased to
blacklist/mention known offender(s) in a DFSG-compatible manner and
how...
The goal of excluding specific people, or groups of people, is not
compatible with software freedom. It's also not compatible with the
DFSG. Such a goal cannot be met in a free software license.

So, the resolution would entail getting at *why* They want to exclude
certain people, and see whether that underlying goal can be met.
That's the real point.

I guess something similar to what you wanted could be achieved by a wording like: «This license does not provide any new rights to LitWare Inc. over the code for which they were terminated pursuing GPL §8 after they failed to comply with the license terms after being repeatedly notified since 2005.»

which is quite different than:
«The company Coho Winery cannot use this work, since when the founder filed for divorce [from me], it said very nasty things»
or
«Blue Yonder Airlines is not allowed to use this software, since planes are dangerous and nobody should operate them»

"some people just don't deserve free work to be made available to them." could mean anything.