GPL "+" question

Hi,

I just had a discussion with an ftp-master who rejected one of my
packages. The package in question is "missfits". It contains a
directory, src/wcs/ with files that were originally released by Mark
Calabretta under LGPL-2+, but changed by the upstream author (Emmanuel
Bertin) and released in the package under GPL-3+.

debian/copyright currently mentions only GPL-3+ for the whole package.

The ftp-master now asked me to add GPL-2+ for these files to
debian/copyright. But I think that this would be wrong, since the files
under src/wcs are not distributable under GPL-2+ (because they contain
GPL-3+ code from Emmanuel Bertin).

Do I miss an important point here?

Best regards

Ole