Re: Question about GPL and CC-BY SA 3.0

On Thu, 2015-02-26 at 17:27 +1100, Riley Baird wrote:

> If you're cherry-picking, I'd say that it would probably be fine.
> Copying full pages, probably not. If you tell us what package it is, it might give us a better idea.

I'm maintaining fortune-zh, Chinese Data files for fortune,
which is a native debian package originally created by a Debian
developer.

So I'm just cherry-picking some fine sentences into those data files,
and some times I copied every sentence on the page of some certain
famous people.

> Wikiquote doesn't own the copyrights, so no. If it were me, I'd use the editing history to try and find the people who added the relevant quotes, and use their names, or if I could not find them, their usernames.

Tracing the copyright is ... horror...

IMO, whereas the content I picked are all famous words,
maybe I can feel free to cherry-pick them?

Thank you. :-)