Re: Simple doubt about section to use

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:10:53AM -0300, Eriberto Mota wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am reviewing the package lutris (ITP #754129). [...]
>
> My doubt is if is a main or contrib program. I think in main, because
> lutris can survive running DFSG games only. However, we have the
> possibility to install proprietary and commercial games too. So, what
> is the better section for lutris?

I agree. And I strongly disagree with Ian's suggestion to demote it to contrib.
As I understand it, lutris is usable with software in main via the ScummVM
runner and the two ScummVM games in main. And lutris only installs stuff if
the user explicitly asks it to. So the possibility to work with non-DSFG
content is not a problem. Unless Debian also decides to move to contrib:
- Any compiler which does not check for DSFG-freeness of the code it compiles.
- Any emulator which does not likewise check the thing emulated.
- Any web browser which does not decline to show non-DSFG-free content.

Disclaimer: I am not a member of the Debian project.

Best regards,

  Mark Weyer