Re: Upstream GPL-3+ vs debian/* GPL-2+

Charles Plessy writes ("Re: Upstream GPL-3+ vs debian/* GPL-2+"):
> Note that the importance is compatibility.  You can definitely chose
> a more permissive license, like CC0, MIT, etc. if you wish so.

I think that best practice is to choose a very permissive licence for
the Debian packaging files, where they are separate from the program
itself.

That means that any useful parts can be reused in different packages
with different licences, and also that there is no problem if upstream
relicence.

Ian.