Re: Translated License

Georg Pfeiffer writes ("Re: Translated License"):
> Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> > There is nothing wrong with a copyright licence in German.
>
> Thank you very much for this clear position, wich seemed to be mine only
> for discouraging long times :D
>
> My german combattants bothered, our german license would be estimated
> non-free because it is not OSI certified. So we selected Jonathans
> proposal already a long time ago, regrettably. But I won't mess that up
> again.

It's true that having your licence not be OSI-certified might be
inconvenient in some situations, but:

 - Debian at least does not care whether anything is OSI-certified.
   We make our own decisions.

 - Getting your licence OSI-certified ought to be feasible I think.
   Wanting your licence to be in the native language of the vast
   majority of your contributors is a good reason for having a
   different licence.  IMO.

Regards,
Ian.