Re: Sources licensed under PHP License and not being PHP are not distributable

Hello Ondřej, hi -legal,

> One more note: PHP is *not* compatible with GPL[1]. If you have
> sources that combine PHP-licensed source with GPL-licenced
> source the result is not distributable. That includes linking GPL
> library to PHP licenced source (e.g. libreadline as most notable
> example of GPL library).

Do I read this correctly as there is a problem with any PHP binding to
a GPL library?

If there's a problem, would it be enough to add an exception to the
library, just like it happens with OpenSSL?

        Fred