Re: May I download the releases after notification stopped ?

AOKI Akio writes ("May I download the releases after notification stopped ?"):
> Since I found the following sentences in the archives for
> debian-legal, I would like to have advice just on exporting
> Debian's software.
>
> > Subject: Re: Inquire of ECCN/LE of Debian 6.05
> > From: Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
> > Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:40:40 -0700
> > Debian does export its software under the TSU exception as
> > described in CFR 740.13(e), including the provisions for
> > notification to the BIS of publication URLs until recently
> > (when the BIS informed Debian they had sufficient information
> > and asked us to stop proactively notifying of new software
> > versions).
>
> May I also download the subsequent releases in Japan on the
> basis of the notifications made by Debian Project, and use
> them according to "The Debian Free Software Guidelines" ?

Yes, you may.

Steve is merely saying that the BIS waived the requirement to notify
them because our notifications were inconveniently voluminous.

Note that although I am a contributor to the Debian project, and this
mailing list is debian-legal, I am not a lawyer and this is not legal
advice.  If you want legal advice you will have to retain (pay) a
lawyer of your own - you won't get it here on this mailing list.

Ian.