Re: libbitcoin license - AGPL with clauses added by SFLC and FSF

* Turkey Breast:

> The basic issue is that this project uses an AGPL license with
> several additions, which we were given to me by the SFLC and vetted
> by the FSF. They fix an issue with the AGPL which is unique to
> Bitcoin (ability to distribute the source code when using a
> service), add a lesser clause and an OpenSSL exception (although we
> are currently transitioning away from OpenSSL).

I'm slightly worried what this means for the AGPL license on other
libraries.  Previously, it has been argued that publication of the
source code by Debian (or Fedora or ...) is sufficient for compliance.
Why does the mere existence of this exception not invalidate that
argument?