Re: Please confirm non-distributability of Novell SDK material

On 19/04/14 17:52, Paul Gevers wrote:
> Hi Debian-legal readers [Please CC the Pascal list on reply]
>
> I believe that I (well Lintian to be honest) found a file [1] in fpc
> that is not distributable.

Some more problems:

* Developer Products may not "substantially duplicate the
capabilities or compete with the Derivative Software or the Software."
* Choice of law provision (I can't remember the policy on this)
* Possibly requires non-US citizens to comply with US export policy.
(This might make inclusion in the Debian archives difficult.)
* You must "agree not to disassemble, decompile, or otherwise reverse
engineer the binary code Software to discover the source code and/or
trade secrets embodied in the source code"
* You must "acknowledge that Novell has not authorized You to
rent, lease, and/or time share the Software"

However, it might be possible that this license does not apply to this
software. Under section 3, we see this:

Use of the Software and Documentation is subject to the
restrictions contained in this Agreement. The Software contains various
software programs with different license rights.
.
.
.
   Open Source Software. Your license to use software that is provided
subject to a separate open source license is described in and subject to
the license agreement included with the software.

I'm not really sure what to make of this last bit, but I just thought
I'd put it out there.