Re: Please confirm non-distributability of Novell SDK material
On 19/04/14 17:52, Paul Gevers wrote:
> Hi Debian-legal readers [Please CC the Pascal list on reply]
> I believe that I (well Lintian to be honest) found a file  in fpc
> that is not distributable.
Some more problems:
* Developer Products may not "substantially duplicate the
capabilities or compete with the Derivative Software or the Software."
* Choice of law provision (I can't remember the policy on this)
* Possibly requires non-US citizens to comply with US export policy.
(This might make inclusion in the Debian archives difficult.)
* You must "agree not to disassemble, decompile, or otherwise reverse
engineer the binary code Software to discover the source code and/or
trade secrets embodied in the source code"
* You must "acknowledge that Novell has not authorized You to
rent, lease, and/or time share the Software"
However, it might be possible that this license does not apply to this
software. Under section 3, we see this:
Use of the Software and Documentation is subject to the
restrictions contained in this Agreement. The Software contains various
software programs with different license rights.
Open Source Software. Your license to use software that is provided
subject to a separate open source license is described in and subject to
the license agreement included with the software.
I'm not really sure what to make of this last bit, but I just thought
I'd put it out there.