Re: FYI: debian-legal is discussing the inclusion in the Debian archive of "erotic" interactive fiction depicting the sexual abuse of children

On 11/03/14 22:23, Sam Kuper wrote:
> On 11/03/2014, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> wrote:
>> Many people wouldn't want to touch this with a ten foot pole.  The
>> consequences of even showing sympathy for this type of package could
>> well have personal consequences for some people well into the future,
>> here is a typical example:
>>
>> http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-26502420
>
> Yes, you could end up a knighted Lord Justice and adviser to the
> Queen; or a cabinet minister.

Or you could easily extrapolate to our own context: for example, an IT
or software company employing DDs wins a major contract to supply a
Debian-based solution to schools or health care or social services.  How
long do you think it will take tabloid newspapers in a place like the UK
to seize on a connection to something as inappropriate as this "game"?
If anything, one of the vendors who missed out on the contract would be
sending clues about it to the press just to make sure they couldn't miss it.