Re: Judgement about the EUPL

Hi Sven.

On 02/16/2014 05:46 PM, Sven Bartscher wrote:
> The last post to discussions about the EUPL are now five years old.
> As I know (maybe I just didn't found it) there is no "final judgement" about the EUPL.
> I don't know who makes this final judgement (or more generally how it is made). But I think it's time to make it.
> So basically I'm looking for a decision that is clear enough to put on the wiki page about DFSGLicenses[1]
>
> Kind regards
> Sven Bartscher
>
> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#Public_Domain

Here's some materials from the Legal Affairs Committee 09-07-2013

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/juri/events.html?id=workshops

WORKSHOP ON LEGAL ASPECTS OF FREE AND OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE

Poster
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/document/activities/cont/201306/20130603ATT67234/20130603ATT67234EN.PDF

Programme
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/document/activities/cont/201307/20130708ATT69348/20130708ATT69348EN.pdf

Publications
Compilation of briefing notes
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/document/activities/cont/201307/20130708ATT69346/20130708ATT69346EN.pdf

In the Compilation of briefing notes you find the EUPL author
Patrice-Emmanuel Schmitz describing the license.

I am however uncertain if the final draft of EUPL v1.2 was ever
authorised/published by the College of Commissioners.

You also find a contribution by Carlo Piana and his analysis of EUPL
(page 38):

2.3 The case of EUPL, relicensing permissions and the exceptions

Finally, there is a video clip on youtube of Eben Moglen's speech at the
event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI1CoeqyD5o

Hope it helps.

//Erik