Re: Copyright/Credits/Author

On Sunday 02 February 2014 22:28:45 Ben Finney wrote:
[...]
> > One last point. Is is mandatory the CREDIT file provides email
> > addresses for contributors (if they have one, or at least if they want
> > to share it)?
>
> Mandated by whom? I don't know whether copyright law madates that.
>
> Omitting the contact information for a copyright holder is (needlessly?)
> making it much more difficult to contact that party during the long term
> of the work's copyright.
>
> It is IMO normal to include contact information for copyright holders.
> This is courteous to recipients who are subject to restrictions under
> copyright law and may need to contact the copyright holders for various
> reasons.

Actually, I was only wondering if there was something wrong in not included
contact information (email) in the CREDITS file.

So far upstream has the following CREDITS file :

https://github.com/mrash/fwknop/blob/master/CREDITS

with only contributor names. I was about to propose to add emails too.

[...]
> > Ok. I am going to propose that to upstream. It looks fine to me an
> > easy to maintain.
>
> Thank you for taking the matter seriously and looking for manageable
> solutions.

Thanks.

--
Franck Joncourt