Re: AGPL request for summary of recent discussion

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:15:25 +0000 (UTC) Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Francesco Poli <invernomuto <at> paranoici.org> writes:
[...]
> > For the record, I personally disagree with their conclusion:
>
> Francesco, I specifically did *not* ask for your personal opinion
> but whether it’s still acceptable for Debian main.

You asked whether it's still acceptable for Debian main: I answered by
describing what the FTP Masters think and what I myself think.
The FTP Masters are the actual decision-makers for the Debian Project.
My own opinion was just a side-note.

> I even wrote in
> my original message that I’m not exactly happy with AGPL either,
> but you writing your personal disagreement with everyone else in
> *every* *single* *thread* I happen upon on this newsgroup is, to
> say it frankly, annoying. (Especially since I, who normally is the
> annoying one, notices it.)

You asked about the AfferoGPL and expressed your own dislike for the
GPL, as a side-note.
I am surprised to see that you are so annoyed by my answer, which
described the official Debian position on the AfferoGPL and also my
own dislike for the AfferoGPL itself, as a side-note.

> Please do not take this personal, merely
> as a suggestion to improve your communication behaviour (meaning,
> sometimes silence is golden; since paultag already answered my
> question your message had precisely zero “added value” to the thread).

Paul just answered "Yes" to the main question.

I thought I could add some more information. You apparently didn't
appreciate it. Oh, well, that's a pity.

Regards.

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/frx-gpg-key-transition-2010.txt
 New GnuPG key, see the transition document!