Re: IEEE on oui.txt and iab.txt

Last time this came up, several folks suggested that these files are
not copyrightable. I happen to agree (IANAL). Perhaps we should employ
our SFLC lawyers to find this out with more certainty. You might want
to contact them, the DPL can help there.

There are many copies of these files in the archive already due to
many upstreams embedding the text files or converting the text files
to C files or similar.

Please suggest to the IEEE that they need to wake up and stop being
fucking idiots (preferably), or go spend a bunch of lawyer money
sending cease and desists to the wireshark project and all the other
ones that embed this data.