Re: Standard implementation of constant, copyright or not ?

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM, Christian Holm Christensen wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 21:08 +0200, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
>> The file is here:
>> https://github.com/upverter/ADMS/blob/master/admsXml/constants.vams
>>
>> I do not believe it is copyrightable.
>
> Who has the copyright doesn't really matter.  What matters is what
> permissions the license gives you.  From

His question was about whether or not this file can be placed under
copyright at all. If it isn't copyrightable then we don't need any
license to distribute/modify etc. Hard to tell but I guess not. In any
case it doesn't matter if the code as a whole is LGPL.

On another note, please ask upstream to drop generated .c files from
the git repository and tarball. If they refuse, please ensure that
these files are rebuilt from scratch during debian/rules build.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise