Artwork License for package in main

hello,

this is my second attempt to post to this list :-/

upstream of the Freeplane package changed the artwork for the splash
screen and the mimetype icon, and the (new) artist wants to keep all
rights and only grant the Freeplane project all rights of use.

As it is, this "license agreement" is probably not suitable for packages
in main [1].

--> Which criteria does the license agreement for Freeplane artwork have
to meet in order for Freeplane to be allowed in main?

--> Which licenses can you recommend? Can we simply modify the existing
agreement in order to transfer more rights from the copyright holder
(artist)?

--> How about compatibility with Freeplane's (source code-)license
(GPL-2+)?

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2013/12/msg00236.html

Thank you very much and Best Regards,
--