Re: Berkeley DB 6.0 license change to AGPLv3

On 09/13/13 09:12, Honza Horak wrote:
> I haven't found any topic about this change on Oracle's Berkeley DB
> discussion platform, so I created one and it surprisingly isn't without
> reply as I wrongly supposed:
> https://forums.oracle.com/message/11186666
[...]
> I don't give myself much hope, but why not try it and not giving them
> the feedback (and of course a try to push them to change things back).

Because I'd have to agree to Oracle's 21-section Terms of Use and
32-section "Privacy Policy" and ain't nobody got time for that much
legalese unless you get some kind of kinky enjoyment out of reading it
or you've got real skin in that game.

That may be why there wasn't any topic about the change until yours -
thanks for doing that, nonetheless.  Could you link them to this and
other easier-to-join forums, please?

IMO, Oracle can dead-end BDB if they want.  If it's still wanted,
hopefully someone will fork it and maintain it better.  I think that's
happened to other Oracle projects when they went a bit nutty.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op