Re: rtl-sdr packaging: Unable to find copyrtight holders for some files

On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 03:31:00PM +0200, "Adam Cécile (Le_Vert)" wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I packaged rtl-sdr [1] a while ago but I'm having a serious legal
> issue. Some files related to DVB-T tuners don't have any headers and
> upstream [2] didn't answer my call for help...
>
> "tuner_fc2580.{c,h}" seem to come from a Terratec driver based on
> linux v4l project. I found a tarball named
> "30032011_Cinergy_T_Stick_Black_Linux.tar.gz" from their own website
> and diff says it's nearly the same as the one included in rtl-sdr,
> except some code removed. So this is the original code for sure but
> the files still don't include any headers. The main file stands
> being based on "tuner" module but the code doesn't look like being
> the one from linux' kernel file "tuner-core.c".
>
> "tuner_r820t.{c,h}" are even worst. I haven't been able yet to found
> any upstream on Internet, but I keep looking for it... Main file
> says it comes from a Linux kernel driver...
>
> Can you help me ?
>

> Thanks in advance, and please CC me, I'm not subscribed !
>
> Regards, Adam
>

> [1] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rtl-sdr/rtl-sdr_0.5.0+git20130715-1.dsc
> [2] http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr
> [3] http://linux.terratec.de/tv_en.html

r820t - also possibly Terratec ?

Osmocomm should know, because they have copyright on the whole bundle of rtl-sdr code.
I'd be really interested as I'm currently trying to get rtl-sdr working on ARM for
Raspberry Pi / Beaglebone Black.

It may also be worth looking at how they have moved at gnuradio using pybombs (git://github.com/pybombs/pybombs)
which will pull in all of the appropriate  bits to fit in well with gnuradio itself.

I'm having real problems getting _that_ to work because of libboost not compiling nicely on ARM

All the best,

Andrew Cater

[amacater@debian.org]