MIT code embedded into GPL-3+ library

Hi,

I am working on packaging ccnet[1] library (requirement for seafile), and the upstream code has two licenses in the base directory - MIT and GPL-3+.

When I asked for clarification they have replied the code is GPL-3+ with some parts reused from some other project which was MIT licensed.

Unfortunatelly the individual source files are not licensed, so it's unclear to me what's the license of the files and the packages as whole.

Can you provide a guidance?

(It would still need openssl+gpl exception to go in.)

Ondřej Surý
1. https://github.com/haiwen/ccnet