Re: license advice

Hello,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 08:57:48 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> The only requirements for non-free are that Debian, our mirrors and CD
> distributors can distribute the software. Since it is pretty easy to
> become a Debian mirror or CD distributor and anyone can do it, that
> means there needs to be a public gratis distribution license, which
> sounds like it goes against their business models too?

Linux version is supposed to be freely redistributable as far as I
know, so this isn't a problem. The problem is exactly how to formulate
the license in question to make that easier, because what they have now
surely doesn't allow redistribution. Which is why I've asked here so
others could possibly highlight the parts causing troubles.

--
WBR, Andrew