Re: Advice regarding deleted images on Commons (tarot deck)

Le 06/04/2013 23:45, John Vandenberg a écrit :
[SNIP]

Do the copyright check yourself. Do you know of an online resource that shows a Piatnik deck with a rough publishing date, so they can be used for comparison?

You might find a close substitute desks in the following collection. CC:ing pysolffc project maintainer and contributor as xe may know the copyright status of the desk you are interested in.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/pysolfc-cardsets/+copyright

Hi John,

I'm Jérôme Poisson, the author of the "Salut à Toi" project.

We have spent a couple of hours looking for alternative decks (either the resolution is too low - that's the case for pysolffc -, either the deck is too ugly or we are not sure about the copyright), and for proof that the Piatnik deck is in public domain. We are sure it's a Piatnik deck (we can compare the 10 and the 20 of trumpt on this page: https://sites.google.com/site/tacticclub/Home/introduction/l-histoire-du-tarot or we can see several copies of randoms cards on the web), but we haven't found any creation date of the deck, so we are not 100 % sure and can't proof that the deck was indeed made by Ferdinand Piatnik (which died in 1885), even if there is a high probability that this is the case. That's pity, this deck is beautiful and the resolution is quite high.

For the record, the deck is this one: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:20071103100945!Tarotcards.jpg

Thanks for your help
Jérôme Poisson