Suitable license for Distkeys SSH key distribution tool

Hi!

We developed a tool to distribute SSH keys also to servers behind gateways
in Ruby, also from a list of keys to a list of hosts, to execute a script
on each host, to scp a file to a list of hosts and to ssh to a list of host
one after another, plus some other little features. Main feature is key
distribution to servers. We use it for own and customer machines.

We tought it to be a good idea to release it as free software.

So here it is:

https://www.teamix.org/projects/distkeys

git://oss.teamix.org/distkeys.git

Since we use Debian ourselves on many system, we would like to make a
Debian package out of it.

We did not finally decide on a license. Current favorite is GPL 2 or later
which should be compatible with the licenses the libraries the script use
use[1].

ruby: Ruby 2-clause BSDL (see the file BSDL)

ruby-net-ssh: Expat

ruby-net-ssh-gateway: Expat, I think

ruby-net-sftp: Expat, I think

ruby-termios: GPL (2+ according to copyright file)

What are usual licenses for such a kind of program? Do you have any
recommendation or see any issues with GPL?

I tend to use GPL-2 or later in order to avoid any possible license
incompatibilies that are specific to the GPL-3. But according to [1] the
GPL-3 would work fine as well?

Any recommendations?

I asked this already on the debian-ruby mailinglist together with some
packaging questions, but I bet the license stuff might be more suitably
asked here.

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

Thanks,
--
Martin Steigerwald - teamix GmbH - http://www.teamix.de
gpg: 19E3 8D42 896F D004 08AC A0CA 1E10 C593 0399 AE90