Re: Public Domain again

"Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org>
> (So I'd be suprised if any jurisdiction would translate a
> "I hereby place this work in the public domain" to anything but
> either making it public domain where possible or to a full permissive
> license).

Sadly, "in the public domain" has two meanings:

 1. the copyright-lacking sense used already in this thread;

 2. publicly available.

I've not seen case law, but I fear that it would be reasonably
possible for someone to convince a court that a holder meant to make a
work available but not permit everything.

Anyone seen it tried?

Thanks,