Re: ELPA license, LGPL + additional restrictions

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 02, 2012 at 05:37:55PM +0100, Francesco Poli wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 17:23:43 +0100 Michael Banck wrote:
> > In that case, I will bring it up with the CP2K maintainers.  They do not
> > distribute binaries though, only a source repository and sometimes
> > release tarballs.  Is this already an issue as they are shipping the
> > ELPA source in their tree right now?
>
> I am not sure that the issue bites even for source-only distribution...
>
> Maybe it depends on how the distribution is performed.
> The relevant questions could perhaps be something like: are CP2K and
> ELPA distributed as a single whole work? or do CP2K maintainers just
> distribute ELPA source as a separate library for their users'
> convenience?

They have imported the source into their tree, under
$(TOP_SRCDIR)/src/elpa_lib, so it will also be included in a possible
future release tarball I guess.

Of course, this only happened today, but maybe pointing it out to them
will make them talk to the ELPA people.

Michael