Re: trademark in documents

* René Mérou <ochominutosdearco@gmail.com> [120810 07:46]:
> This is just telling that the logo is free but still with trademark.
>
> If the logo icon can't be used with other packages like for example, with one
> firefox modified to work with different hardware by Debian, it means its still
> not free for Debian.

I'd say the logo file itself is free. It's just trademark law that
limits what we can express (no matter if this file is used or someone
draws something themselves). (Same like other laws forbid to claim
things are written by people it is not or that someone advertises
something which they do not and so on).

> I guess this means that if my map have that logo then my map is not free, i
> cant add it to Debian free packages.

As long as the logo itself is under a free license and your map does not
misuse any trademarks, I see no problem..

        Bernhard R. Link