Re: Non-free postscript code in EPS image

Hello Bernhard R. Link,

> | 16.6.3 Customer may take a copy of the font(s) Customer has used for a
> | particular file to a commercial printer or other service bureau, and
> | such service bureau may use the font(s) to process its file, provided
> | such service bureau has a valid license to use that particular font
> | software.

So, if BRL is my customer and bring me a PDF file  with  embedded  Adobe
fonts into my printing office, where I use "xpdf" to print it out, I  am
screwed, because I have no Adobe License?

WTF?

> This also does not look like Adobe is of the opinion that an author
> using Adobe products to produce some documents is free to do with those
> documents as they please.

Yes, it seems!

> Legal disclaimer: I've no idea about how law works exactly and even less
> what the law in your country is. Get a lawyer if you want more than
> mere arguments why the situation might not be how we all think it should
> be in an ideal world.
>
>         Bernhard R. Link

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

               Internet Service Provider, Cloud Computing
                <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>
                  <http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems@tdnet                     Jabber  linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Strasse 3                   Tel office: +49-176-86004575
77694 Kehl                          Tel mobil:  +49-177-9351947
Germany                             Tel mobil:  +33-6-61925193  (France)

USt-ID:  DE 278 049 239