Re: `free' in GNU and DSFG?

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 08:13:30PM +0900, Hiroki Horiuchi wrote:
> # debian-user is no longer in To:
>
> After reading your words, I think that if talking *only* about non-free
> GFDLed document problem, the difference between DFSG and Free Software
> Definition does not matter.

...  this may be a bit of over simplification.  You should read the
official documents and existing documentations.

> Moreover, I think that if talking *generally*, DFSG and Free Software
> Definition are not so different, and I am curious why DFSG had to be
> invented.

You should to leran to use search engines and wikipedia to get such an
complicated thing answered.  Selfstudy is an essential skill needed to
dig things around this FOSS world.

As for the basics of DFSG,
   http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debianフリーソフトウェアガイドライン;
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_Free_Software_Guidelines

As for GFDL (as mentioned by others) for Debian
http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001
we chose ammendment A (= option 2)

As you can see from the result, we have different opinions on this
matter and this is the formal decision.  You should read all these
proposal to see how we consider GFDL.

As for the basic Debian history,
   http://www.debian.org/doc/misc-manuals#history
   (Japanese translation exists ...)

Also, you should read see a Japanese document to the government which
descrives something about your question.
  http://www.rieti.go.jp/it/policy/docs/what-is-opensource.pdf
  (I did not know this but google gave me a pointer.)