Re: `free' in GNU and DSFG?

# debian-legal@lists.debian.org is CCed.

Sorry to be late.

I would like to tell you the background of my last post.

I was wondering why Free Software Definition was not sufficient for
Debian Project. I thought this was permissive enough for the project.

Once on twitter, I said that GNU's definition was more permissive than
The Open Source Definition. But one of my followers replied that he did
not think so.

I could not understand what he meant, and I could not prove what I said.
Then, I posted <20120531104258.GA31701@a.19290.net>.

After reading your words, now I think The Free Software Definition is
really permissive, but this very *permissiveness* made GNU's definition
insufficient for Debian Project.

Am I right?
--
Hiroki Horiuchi from Japan