Re: MIT/Expat with "The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil" statement

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 06:24:31PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > I've a few ideas how to at least workaround it:
> > - repack upstream tarball and replace jsmin.py with stub one that returns
> >  original JS without compressing.
>
> Suboptimal but acceptable in main.

I'll follow this way for now

> > - don't repack tarball, just patch this jsmin.py using debian/patches so that
> >  it will not use jsmin at all
>
> Still non-free, not acceptable in main.
>
> > Any other suggestions?
>
> Ask upstream to switc+h to a sanely licensed JavaScript compressor
> (there are several).

Actually this package provides common API for a few different compressors.
So it's up to users to choose which one to use.

I've already got response for upstream. File jsmin.py itself in package
will have no "special" license as it's just "wrapper" around non-free
jsmin. So special licensing will be removed from LICENSE.

Is it ok to patch such "jsmin.py" wrapper now to do nothing?

--
WBR, Dmitry