Re: custom license (package: bwctl)

"Clark C. Evans" <cce@clarkevans.com> wrote:
> Raoul,
>
> This looks like a non-symmetric copyleft-like attempt:
>
>> then you thereby grant Internet2, its contributors, and its members
>
> for that reason, I don't think it's free

I am not so sure.  It is not required to give them back the changes.
It is just the default.  It seems like, if you modify a file, you
could add a copyright notice like

  Modifications Copyright (c) 2012, J. Random
    see license.mit for terms

then the modifications would be under the MIT license.  Or you could
reuse the bwctl license and replace "Internet2" with "J. Random".

Cheers,
Walter Landry
wlandry@caltech.edu