Re: legal aspects of packaging nagios-sap-ccms

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Harald Jenny wrote:

> I'm currently doing some private packaging of
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/nagios-sap-ccms/files/ and was wondering
> if it would be possbile to ship this package in Debian non-free - there

I don't think that is possible since there is no license on the
librfccm files, just a copyright notice.

Seems like this would be against the sourceforge.net terms of service too.

> are some binary only libraries in the source package but this does not
> seems to stop OpenSuSE from providing rpms.

Either they don't care about the legal issues or they have a special
license to distribute. I would suggest that you contact the maintainer
of the OpenSuSE package to clarify that. Also contact upstream and or
SAP about possible licenses for this bit of code (and recommend
BSD/MIT/GPL).

--
bye,
pabs