Re: ITP fsmark - bug 655224: License restriction for lib_timing.c DFSG compliant?

Martin Steigerwald <ms@teamix.de> writes:

> Okay, so it couldn't even be distributed in non-free, when I
> understand this correctly.

That's my understanding, yes. No recipient has an effective grant of
license given the text you've shown.

> I will try to find out mail addresses of the upstream authors and
> contact them.

When you do, please encourage them to use the license grant equivalent
to that shown in the GPLv3 itself, in “How to Apply These Terms to Your
New Programs”.

Thank you for your efforts to improve this situation.

--
 \           “The long-term solution to mountains of waste is not more |
  `\      landfill sites but fewer shopping centres.” —Clive Hamilton, |