Re: GPLv3/Apache argument brought up some concerns over the current state of the GPL

Apache License v2.0 section 4.4 also allows somebody to make a trivial
change to the covered source code and require notice "wherever such
third-party notices normally appear"; "You may add Your own attribution
notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside or as an
addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work". (hm, perhaps not even a
trivial change is required)

If this is really the scenario that you are concerned about, I don't see
that the Apache License leaves you in a better position.

For roughly the reasons Clark C. Evans gives, I would not personally
think of this as a major concern.

Jeff