On using the name Kinect, and fetching a binary firmware

Hi,

I put together all the pieces needed to enable audio input (with
pulseaudio) from the Microsoft Kinect[1] sensor device on GNU/Linux
systems, I called the project kinect-audio-setup[2].

Before proposing its inclusion in Debian I'd like to address a couple of
legal doubts I have; maybe you can help me.

  1) Can I use the word "Kinect" in my project name? I read that the
     name "Kinect" is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation[3], in the
     project description I make clear that the software is related to
     the _Microsoft_ Kinect device, but maybe this is not enough, I
     don't know.

  2) For the audio to work a binary firmware is needed; it can be taken
     from the Micosoft Kinect for Windows SDK[4] but since that is not
     re-distributable I decided to use a script[5] which downloads and
     extracts the firmware, the script is going to be called at
     installation time, is that OK?

Thanks,
   Antonio

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect