Re: recommendation for packaging license

Le Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 02:10:38PM +0200, Thomas Koch a écrit :
> Hi,
> I try to use the machine readable copyright format. Maybe you'd like to see
> whether I got it right (attached).
> Could you enhance the documentation of the copyright format or the policy with
> a recommendation for the copyright in the debian/* files section?

Dear Thomas,

you can check the syntax of a machine-readable Debian copyright file with the
config-edit tool.  More informations can be found in the following blog post.

For the packaging work, I usually consider it trivial and do not claim a
copyright on it.  Packages without debian/* files paragraph in debian/copyright
are regularly accepted by the FTP team.  If you chose to explicitely declare a
copyright in some files in the debian directory, using the same license as
upstream will keep the debian/copyright file valid without debian/* sections
through the catch-all files paragraph.

Have a nice day,

Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan