Re: NASA Open Source Agreement

* Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> [110429 03:16]:
> Secondly, I was under the impression that all US Government works are
> supposed to be public domain, under what circumstances is this license
> used?

It's only public domain within the USA. Everywhere else you might need
a license depending on the local legislation[1].

The same situation like if some author is dead long enough for one
legislation but not long enough for another, then the work can
be public domain in some parts of the world and not public domain
in other parts of the world.

	Bernhard R. Link

[1] Berne has recipocity. But a possible implementation is "if you
give our authors the same rights as your authors, we give your
authors the same rights as our authors".