Re: Lawyer request stop from downloading Debian

Ken Arromdee wrote:
> [GPLv2, section 3]  That section only applies if you got a
> written offer.  People who use Bittorrent to download (and therefore to
> upload) Debian don't have a written offer, so they can't take advantage of
> that clause.  (Debian itself is, as you point out, distributing source on the
> same medium, so may be okay, but the downloader isn't.)

If they're using something like
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.1a/i386/bt-cd/
to start the download, then I think it's still the debian project
distributing the iso, albeit through the computers of willing participants,
so mmagallo's idea would suffice.

I'd welcome further explanation (cases?) why the project's torrents
aren't the project distributing.

Thanks,
--
MJR/slef